410-778-9885

2018 Copyright  © American Legion Post 36 - Chestertown, MD.



American Legion Post 36
9155 American Legion Rd
Chestertown, MD 21620


  Queen of Hearts - Rules of the Game


    1. A game board containing 54 cards (numbered and sealed face down) purchased from a certified vendor, will be used and displayed in the American Legion Post 36 hall in a secure case with the QUEEN OF HEARTS as the “Jackpot Card”.

    2. To be eligible to play, you must be 21 years old on or before the date on which you purchase a ticket.  If your name is chosen, you must present valid identification.

    3. All raffle tickets are $1.00 per chance, with no limit on the number of tickets that may be purchased.  Tickets may be purchased immediately after the weekly drawing and up until 15 minutes prior to the next week’s drawing.
 
    4. There can be only one name per ticket.  Print your name and telephone number legibly on the back of the ticket and the card number you wish to draw on the front of the ticket.  The ticket is then returned to the Bartender or person running the QUEEN OF HEARTS for that drawing, to be placed in the raffle drum.

    5. Drawing will be held each Saturday (unless otherwise posted) at 8:00 pm. Individuals must sign-in to the Post 36 Legion hall to be considered present. The winner must personally present them self within ten minutes (10) of the announcement of their name.  If you show up at the Legion after 8:00 PM or do not sign-in, you will be considered not present. 


    6. Drawings will not be held on major holidays (Christmas eve, Christmas, New Year’s eve, etc.) that fall on Saturday. A QUEEN OF HEARTS game will run for a maximum of 52 weeks (if necessary, 3 drawing will be conducted on the final Saturday evening).  


    7. If your name is drawn, you get to chose one card.  If the chosen card is the QUEEN OF HEARTS, you as the winner will receive sixty percent (60%) of the Jackpot.  Of the remaining forty percent (40%), ten percent (10%) goes to the jackpot fund, fifteen percent (15%) is designated for charity to be used per the Maryland Gambling Laws and fifteen percent (15%) goes to the Post.


    8. In the event you are not present and you are the QUEEN OF HEARTS winner, you will receive 30% of the Jackpot.  Of the remaining seventy (70%), thirty percent (30%) goes to the jackpot fund, twenty percent (20%) is designated for charity to be used per the Maryland Gambling Laws and twenty percent (20%) goes to the Post.

     9. Additional prizes will be awarded as follows, for players who are Present for the drawing:

                           Weeks 1 – 25                                       Weeks 26 +

                       Joker            - $25.                              Joker              - $50.

                      Ace                 - $10.                             Ace                  - $20.

                      Face Card     -   $5.                              Face Card      - $10.

                      All Other       -   $1.                             All Other        -   $5.

   10. Once a card is selected, it will be removed from play and shown face up on the board. Each week after the drawing, all tickets for that week’s drawing will be destroyed.

   11. The total prize jackpot will continue to accumulate weekly until the QUEEN OF HEARTS is drawn.  The Jackpot amount, based on ticket sales, will be updated daily and prominently displayed in the Lounge area and on the Post’s website.

   12. All winning players are responsible for any and all taxes. Prizes of $200 or more will be paid by check.  NO prize of $200 or more will be paid until the individual’s identification has been verified.  An IRS Form W2-G will be issued for prizes of $600 or more.  NO prize of $600 or more will be paid until the individual’s identification has been verified and the W2-G information is completely filed out. If the winning player is unwilling or unable to provide valid identification or W2-G information, the prize will revert to Post 36.


                                                                                                     Approved - 2 May 2018